Winners were chosen at the August WCQG Meeting (2nd Wednesday in August). The Results are:
Second Place Third Place
The rules for the challenge were:
- Only members are eligible to enter the challenge.
- Only one quilt challenge quilt per person is permitted.
- Each participant receives a challenge grab bag that contains two fat quarters, an instruction submission card and a guide/suggestion
sheet for use of the fat quarters.
- Quilts are due at the August 9, 2017 meeting.
- There will be a judge at the August meeting to select the winning quilt.
- There is no fee to enter the quilt in this juried show!
- The quilt must be complete which includes: quilted, bound and labeled.
- The quilt must be 45-55 inches wide and 50 – 60 inches long.
- The instruction submission card in the quilt challenge grab bag must be returned with swatches and the quilter’s
- First prize is edge-to-edge quilting on a quilt of your choice from Charlotte
ALL QUILTS SUBMITTED WILL BECOME A PART OF OUR COMFORT QUILT SUPPLY!
Here are a few things to remember when submitting your comfort quilts:
- Check over the quilt for loose threads and pins.
- Make sure the binding is sewn on both the front and the back.
- Attach your label to the back.
- Some children have allergies, so make sure the quilt is free of odors such as smoke or perfume.